“There are more neurons in the brain than there are galaxies in the universe”
My guest on next Tuesday’s episode is neuroscientist Andrew Hill. Andrew is the head neuroscientist at nootropic company, truBrain.
Here’s a list of some of the topics that we discuss in the episode:
- The difference between the brain and the mind.
- What neuroscience can tell us about our personalities.
- In the next decade we may see computers that are as powerful as the human brain.
- The role of neuroplasticity in learning.
- Andrew explains that it generally takes 5 weeks to break old habits or create new ones.
- How we can optimise our chances of turning new cells into neurons by keeping our brains active.
- Andrew explains his belief that what we now call ADHD was an ancient evolutionary necessity for group survival.
- Andrew talks about his personal experience of biohacking, meditation, neural feedback experimentation, and nootropics.
You can check out a short video of Andrew describing some of the ways we can keep our brain healthy here.