I'm very proud of the title for this post but sadly can't claim any of the credit for it. While racking my head for a suitably witty title I googled 'pun generator', found a pun site existed, typed the word 'book' in said site's search menu and above title was the second result returned. Expect plenty of similarly pun-nish titles in the future. Apologies in advance.
Blame The Minimalists!
I’m hoping to move house soon and have been packing up most of my stuff and storing it in the garage in anticipation. It’s amazing how much stuff I’ve accumulated and how little of it I’ve missed. Earlier today I started packing up some of my books and given that I’ve just read a very persuasive book about minimalism I’ve decided to give loads of my books away.
What do you need to do to get your hands on some of them?
Below is a picture and list of the books I’m giving away. There’s all sorts of gems in there, including some of my favourite reads and authors, and most of the books are in excellent condition.
To get any of the books you may want (you can pick more than one but don’t be too greedy) just follow the 4 point plan:
- List the books you want in the comments section at the bottom of this page, ensuring that no one above you in the feed has already listed your choices.
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or tweet me (@InspirePod) the postal address you want the books sent to and the name/s of the books you have selected. If you email me be sure to check your spam folder in the next 2-3 days just in case.
- Share this post on whatever social media you think best, I wanna spread the book reading love.
- Put the kettle on and wait for your free reads!
Full list of book in no particular order. Every evening I’ll colour books that have already been chosen in red but please check the comments to avoid disappointment!
- Collection of Kingsley Amis poems.
- Leaving Ardglass, William King.
- Rant, Chuck Palahniuk.
- Beloved, Toni Morrison.
- Notes from The Underground, Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
- Pulp, Charles Bukowski.
- The Best Of Myles na gCopaleen, Flann O’Brien.
- A Confederacy Of Dunces, John Kennedy Toole.
- The Waste Land, TS Eliot.
- Collection of Simon Armitage poems.
- Ariel, Sylvia Plath.
- A Long Long Way, Sebastian Barry.
- Cannery Row, John Steinbeck.
- Sula, Toni Morrison.
- Tangled Up In Blue, Dessie Farrell.
- Breakfast At Tiffanys, Truman Capote.
- The Beach, Alex Garland.
- Speeches That Changed The World
- Disgrace, JM Coetzee.
- A Brief History Of Time, Stephen Hawking.
- A Prayer For Owen Meany, John Irving.
- Homicide, David Simon.
- Complete Prose, Woody Allen.
- Love, Toni Morrison.
- Fugitive Pieces, Anne Michaels.
- This Side Of Brightness, Colum Mc Cann.
- The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Steig Larsson.
- Write A Book In A Year, Jacinta McDevitt.
- Easy Way To Stop Smoking, Allen Carr.
- Ghost Town, Michael Clifford.
- Dark Matter, Michelle Paver.
- Paradise, Toni Morrison.
- Should Have Got Off At Sydney Parade, Ross O’Carroll Kelly.
- The Zen Of Muhammad Ali, Davis Miller.
- For Whom The Bell Tolls, Ernest Hemingway.
- East Of Eden, John Steinbeck.
- The Sportswriter, Richard Ford.
- The Prophet, Kahlil Gibran.
- The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time, Mark Haddon.
- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse.
- A Short History Of Tractors In Ukranian, Marina Lewycka.
Phew! That took longer than expected. DaveFollow @InspirePod
Give the Inspireland facebook page a like here.