In episode #43 I was joined by Amanda Fielding, founder and director of the Beckley Foundation. The Beckley Foundation are currently involved in pioneering research into the effect of psychedelics on the brain and their possible use in treatment for mental conditions such as PTSD, depression, anxiety etc.
Amanda was a charming and engaging guest with a real passion for drug-policy reform and the exploration of the potential of psychoactive substances.
Below is a list of some of the questions I asked Amanda.
- Who are Beckley and what do they do?
- What are the potential benefits of taking psychedelics?
- Why was research into LSD etc. been out of fashion for so long?
- How can psychoactives help treat depression, anxiety, etc.?
- What is the difference between therapeutic and recreational use?
- What are the possible negative side-effects of taking these substances?
Enjoy the episode. DaveFollow @InspirePod
Check out the Beckley Foundation here. Check out their twitter here.
If you liked this episode you’ll like my conversation with director Eugene Jarecki about the failure of the War On Drugs. Click here to listen.